Vegetarian Nachos with Beans & Avocado Crema
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 package Cacique® Soy Chorizo
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, well drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt as needed
- 1 10-ounce bag salted tortilla chips
- 1 package Cacique® Queso Cojita, shredded
- 1 ripe Haas avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup Cacique® Crema Agria
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo or salsa, as desired
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cook the Soy Chorizo in a skillet over medium heat, breaking it up as it cooks, until cooked through, approximately 6 to 7 minutes. While the Soy Chorizo cooks, heat the beans through in a medium saucepan, stirring in the cumin. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Spread the tortilla chips on an ovenproof serving platter (or on a baking sheet) and cover thickly with the shredded Queso Cotija. Place in the oven just until the cheese melts, 5 to 7 minutes.
- While the cheese is melting, in a medium bowl mash the avocado until smooth and season with lime juice and a little salt to taste. Whisk in the Crema Natural, blending until smooth.
- Remove the cheesy chips from the oven and spoon the beans evenly over all. Top with the cooked Soy Chorizo, spoon on the pico de gallo or salsa, and then drizzle evenly with the Avocado Crema. Serve immediately.