Watermelon, Arugula & Queso Fresco Salad with Chiles de Arbol
WHAT YOU NEED
- ½ of a small seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1 cup crumbled Cacique® Queso Fresco
- FOR THE DRESSING
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large shallot, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crumbled chiles de Arbol (or red pepper flakes), plus more for sprinkling
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place the watermelon, arugula and Queso Fresco in a large serving dish and toss lightly together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and shallot. Stir in a light sprinkle of salt and pepper and the crumbled chiles.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly to coat well. Sprinkle the salad lightly with a little more crumbled chiles as garnish and serve at once.