Avocado & Chorizo Stuffed Quesadillas
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 package Cacique® chorizo (beef, pork, or soy)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 lime
- 1 package Manchego cheese, shredded
- 2 avocados, sliced
- optional: cilantro, salsa, sour cream for garnish and dipping
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Cook the Cacique® chorizo by removing it from the casing and placing into a skillet with 1/8 cup of water and the juice of one lime. Once browned, remove any excess fat and water, then add diced red bell pepper and diced red onion. Stir intermittently until cooked.
- Once chorizo is cooked, assemble quesadillas by placing a handful of shredded Manchego cheese on half of open flour tortilla, cover it with three tablespoons of cooked chorizo, top the cooked chorizo with sliced avocado (approximately half of one avocado per quesadilla depending on size), and then top with more shredded cheese. Fold top half of tortilla over the cheese and place into a skillet on medium low heat. Cook until cheese is melted and tortilla is browned. Remove from heat.
- Repeat with the other three tortillas. Once finished, you can optionally garnish the quesadillas with cilantro and serve with salsa and sour cream for dipping.