Baked Chimichangas with Cacique Chorizo & Cacique Panela Cheese
WHAT YOU NEED
Crema Mexicana Agria
- 1 Cacique® Panela 10oz, cut into 8 even slices
- Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria, for drizzling
- 1 Cacique® Chorizo 10oz chubs
- ½ cup Cacique® Oaxaca, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 8 large Flour Tortillas
- 1-16oz can of refried pinto beans
- 2-4oz cans of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until it is translucent. Then add the chorizo, using a wooded spoon to break it up into small pieces. Cook the chorizo until it has browned.
- Heat your oven to 350ºF. Lay out a tortilla, spread about 1/4 cup of refried beans on the tortilla. Then add a 1/3 cup of the chorizo mixture on the refried beans and a slice of Cacique® Panela. Lastly, add about a tablespoon of diced tomatoes. Fold in 2 sides of the tortilla then roll it up burrito style. Repeat this process for your 8 chimichangas.
- Arrange the rolled up chimichangas in a baking pan, and brush the remaining olive oil over the top. Let bake for 45 minutes, until the tortillas are starting to brown. Then pour the remaining diced tomatoes over the top of the chimichangas and top with the shredded Cacique® Oaxaca. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve the chimichangas with a generous drizzle of Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria, the diced avocado and the chopped cilantro.