Air Fryer Queso Fresco, Chorizo and Potato Flautas
WHAT YOU NEED
- 9oz Cacique Pork Chorizo
- 2 Medium Red Potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 package Cacique Queso Fresco, crumbled (reserve some for garnish)
- 20 Corn Tortillas
- Olive oil for cooking
- Oil Spray for Air Frying
- Cacique Crema Mexicana, for garnish
- Cacique Homestyle Medium Salsa, for garnish
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Equipment Needed: Air Fryer
HOW TO MAKE IT
- For filling: In a medium sauté pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the potatoes over medium heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- At the same time, cook chorizo in another skillet over medium heat, break down into crumbles with a wooden spoon about 6-8 minutes. Drain and blot out extra grease with paper towel and add to the pan of cooked potatoes.
- Combine chorizo and potatoes, add 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook on low heat until the water evaporates, this will soften potatoes.
- Add Cacique Queso Fresco to chorizo mixture, (reserve some for garnish) and combine.
- To Assemble: Cover tortillas with a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds to make more pliable and divide the filling evenly to fill tortillas. Roll flauta up tightly.
- To Cook: Lightly spray air fryer basket with oil. Add 6 flautas seam side down (more if your air fryer is bigger) and spray the tops with oil. Don’t over crowd, you want flautas to be crispy.
- Air fry at 375ºF degrees for 6 to 7 minutes. Repeat with the remaining flautas.
- To Serve: Plate flautas, garnish generously with Cacique Crema Mexicana, Homestyle Medium Salsa, remaining Cacique Queso Fresco and top with fresh cilantro.