Cacique Vegetarian Sopes With Nopales
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Clean the chiles removing the veins and seeds.
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add nopales and boil uncovered for 10 minutes then drain but do not rinse. Fill another pot with water and bring to a boil, then soak the chiles in boiling water for 15 minutes until they get soft.
- Drain the water from the chilies, add to a blender with the onion and garlic and quickly blend. Blend just enough so that the veggies are still chunky. Add salt and a little bit of water to make a light marinade.
- In a large pan, add a little bit of oil, add the sauce marinade and fry on medium-high heat for about a minute then add the nopales. Cook on medium-low heat for 10 minutes in the sauce.
- To assemble sopes, spread refried black beans on each sope. Then top with nopales mixture and Queso Fresco.