Cauliflower and Raja Chilaquiles
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/2 – head of cauliflower
- 1 – tablespoon olive oil
- 10 – corn tortillas
- 1/2 – cup vegetable oil
- 1 – yellow bell pepper (deseeded, and sliced into 1/8 inch strips)
- 2 – poblano chiles (roasted, peeled, deseeded, and sliced into 1/8 inch strips)
- 1/2 – cup brown onion (diced)
- 4 – eggs
- 1 – cup of green enchilada sauce
- 1 – cup grated Cacique® Oaxaca cheese
- 1/3 – cup Cacique® Queso Cotija Grated Cheese
- 1/3 – cup red onion (sliced)
- 1/8 – cup pepitas
- ¼ - cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place poblano chiles over an open flame and char until skin on chile is completely burned. Place chiles in an airtight container or ziplock and allow to steam from their own heat for 20 minutes. Remove from ziplock and under a slow stream of water peel off all charred skin from chile. Cut off the stem and deseed the inside. Cut into strips and set to the side.
- Wash and cut up a ½ head of cauliflower. Then spread it out on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake cauliflower for 15 minutes. Set to the side.
- Cut corn tortillas into triangles. In a large frying pan over a medium flame add in vegetable oil. Allow to get hot. Fry the corn tortillas in small batches, flipping them often, making them into crisp chips. Remove chips from oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Drain out excess oil from the pan leaving just a teaspoon of oil behind.
- Place frying pan back over the flame and add in the yellow bell pepper slices, poblano chile slices, and brown onion. Saute for 7 minutes to soften. Add in cauliflower and continue to saute for an additional 4 minutes. Add in corn chips and mix completely.
- In a bowl whisk eggs then pour them over the cauliflower/corn chip mixture. Mix to combine, and continue to cook until eggs are completely cooked.
- Pour enchilada sauce over chilaquiles, and mix to combine. Sprinkle Cacique® Oaxaca cheese over the top and allow to melt. Garnish with Cotija, red onion slices, pepitas, crema and avocado.