WHAT YOU NEED
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 3 whole eggs for frying
- Cacique Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Cacique Crema Mexicana
- Cacique Homestyle Medium Salsa
- Cilantro, minced
- Red onion, chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Stack tortillas and cut each into 8 small wedges. Over medium high heat, heat oil in large skillet. When the oil is hot, add the tortillas, working in small batches to not overcrowd the skillet. Fry until golden brown, turn as needed. Remove tortillas to a paper towel lined plate to soak up excess oil. Sprinkle a little salt on the tortillas.
- Remove most of the oil from pan. Add enchilada sauce on medium high heat for several minutes until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat a separate nonstick skillet over medium heat and fry the eggs, turning only once.
- Add fried tortilla wedges to the enchilada sauce. Turn to coat and let cook for a few minutes until heated thru. Remove from heat. Serve chilaquiles topped with fried eggs and garnishes.