Cheesy Brown Rice Harvest Bowl
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- .75 pound (about 2 cups) brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup Cacique Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 2 cups Tuscan kale, ribs removed and torn
- 3 tablespoons Cacique Queso Cotija Grated Cheese
- For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place sweet potato, brussels sprouts, onion and chickpeas on baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly roasted.
- Place brown rice and queso fresco in a large serving bowl. Toss to combine.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add roasted vegetables and kale to the rice/queso fresco mixture. Drizzle with dressing and top with Cotija cheese.