Cherry Queso Empanadas
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 – box puff pastry (2 sheets cut into 4 equal parts each-for a total of 8 squares)
- 8 – slices Cacique® Queso Fresco (thin)
- 8 – tablespoons cherry preserves
- 8 – fresh cherries (pitted, and cut in half) (optional)
- 1 – egg
- 1 – tablespoon water
- 1/4 - cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 – cup powdered sugar
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with a non stick baking sheet.
- Take one square of puff pastry and fill the center with a slice of Cacique® Queso Fresco, a tablespoon of cherry preserves and one cherry cut in half. Then take one edge and fold it over to create a triangle. Use a fork to enclose the edges.
- In a small bowl whisk egg and water together to make an egg wash. Then brush egg wash over the top of each empanada with a pastry brush.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk Crema Mexicana and powdered sugar together until combined to make an icing. Drizzle the icing over the top of each empanada.