WHAT YOU NEED
- ½ package (5 oz.) Cacique® Queso Quesadilla, sliced
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 can (4 oz.) salsa verde (green salsa)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In medium saucepan, heat oil and sear chicken breasts on all sides (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add salsa verde, avocado chunks and chicken broth and cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, mash avocado chunks in sauce.
- Remove chicken and reduce sauce to medium-low heat for an additional 5 minutes. Return chicken to pan, place 2-3 slices of Queso Quesadilla on each chicken breast and cover to melt. Serve chicken with sauce spooned over.
- This is a family favorite, a treasured recipe that has been passed down through the generations, straight from Maria's Cocina.