WHAT YOU NEED
Queso Quesadilla Shredded Cheese
Picante Sour Cream
- 4 dried guajillo chiles, stems removed
- 2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup onion, chopped and divided, plus more sliced in rounds for garnish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 3/4 cups Cacique® Queso Quesadilla, shredded
- 1/3 cup refried beans
- 3 flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons Cacique® Queso Fresco
- Cacique® Picante Cream Sour Cream
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Combine water and dried chiles in a medium saucepan. Heat over low-medium heat for 10 minutes; do not boil. Remove from heat, cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- Place soaked chiles with water they soaked in, in a blender container. Add garlic, ¼ cup onion and salt. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Slice tortillas in eighths (triangle pieces). Heat oil over medium heat on a large 2 ½ - inch deep skillet. Add tortilla pieces a few at a time. Add remaining chopped onion, stir and fry tortilla pieces until crispy and golden brown. Pour in red salsa, stirring frequently until tortillas have soaked in salsa but are not soggy. Sprinkle 1 cup of Cacique® Queso Quesadilla over the top of the chilaquiles, set to the side and cover allowing the cheese to melt.
- Heat a comal or large pan over a medium heat. Place tortilla in middle of pan. Spread half of the tortilla with 2 tablespoons of refried beans, then sprinkle 1/4 cup Cacique® Queso Quesadilla on beans. Add in 1/3 of the chilaquiles to the top of the beans, then sprinkle with a tablespoon of Cacique® Queso Fresco. Fold opposite side of tortilla to cover chilaquiles. Cook on each side until tortilla on the outside is crisp. Drizzle top with Cacique’s Picante Sour Cream. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve.