Chilaquiles Rojos con Pollo
WHAT YOU NEED
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into squares or triangles or 10 oz pre-made corn tortilla chips
- 10 - 12 guajillo or dried hatch chiles, stems and seeds removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ¼ cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- ¼ cup Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco
- 1 tbsp olive or grapeseed oil
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large sauce pan combine water and dried chile skins. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Place chile skins and half of the water used to boil them in the blender. Add garlic and puree. Strain chile sauce to remove any larger pieces.
- In a medium skillet place oil and add tortillas (or pre made corn tortilla chips) on medium heat. Cook tortillas until they are a little toasted.
- Pour chile sauce over tortillas and cook covered for about 5 min. Add chicken and queso fresco. Remove from heat and top with crema. Enjoy!