Chipotle Manchego Mac n Cheese
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 packages (20 oz.) Cacique® Manchego, shredded
- 1 package (16 oz.) whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1½ tsp. chipotle powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 cups fat-free half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, until almost al dente. Rinse under cool water and set aside to drain.
- Place broccoli in a microwavable-safe bowl with a half cup of water. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes, or until broccoli is cooked but still crunchy, then drain.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, chipotle powder, cayenne pepper and paprika, then set aside.
- Place pasta and broccoli in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with ¾ of the Cacique® Manchego and stir briefly to combine. Pour half and half over pasta mixture and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle remaining Cacique® Manchego on pasta. Top with bread crumb mixture. Cover loosely with foil and bake 15-20 minutes, or until heated through. Uncover and bake another 3-4 minutes until top begins to brown.
- To Freeze: Wrap securely in plastic wrap and foil after mac n cheese cools. Freeze for up to 30 days.
- To Reheat: Remove foil and plastic wrap. Replace foil to loosely cover. Heat in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes. Remove cover and continue heating for 5 minutes, or until heated through.