Chorizo and Oaxaca Empanadas
WHAT YOU NEED
- 9 oz. Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 5 oz. Cacique® Oaxaca Cheese, cubed
- 2 packages pre-made, refrigerated pie crust (not frozen)
- 1 egg, well-beaten, for egg wash
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook chorizo in a skillet over medium heat, break down into crumbles with a wooden spoon about 6-8 minutes. Drain and blot out extra grease with paper towel and set aside.
- Prepare a parchment lined baking sheet. Unroll the pie crust dough and cut out 3-inch circles.
- Fill empanadas by placing about 2 Tablespoons of the chorizo and a few cubes of Oaxaca in each circle. With your finger, take a bit of the egg wash and run it across one side of the 3" circles to help the empanadas seal. Fold over and seal the edges by pressing down with a fork. Brush them with the egg wash for a little shine.
- Cook the empanadas at 350 degrees for about 12 to 15 minutes until they're just slightly a golden-reddish-brownish color.