Chorizo Chicken Tinga Tostadas
WHAT YOU NEED
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1 lb. Skinless, boneless Chicken breast
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil + 1 Cup to fry
- 2 White onion (1 halved another in slices)
- 6 Garlic cloves (3 wholes, 3 sliced)
- 10 Plum Tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. Smokey Chipotle paste
- 2 Tbsp. Salt (1 Tbsp. to cook the chicken and 1 to season the Tinga)
- 5 Tbsp. Cacique Pork Chorizo
- 3 Tbsp. Cacique Queso Fresco
- 2 Tbsp. Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 1/2 Cup shredded lettuce
HOW TO MAKE IT
- For the Tinga: Heat a medium pot with water, add the chicken breast, white onion, garlic cloves and salt. Cook in medium heat for 25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Fry your tortillas while your chicken breast is cooking. Heat a medium pot with 1 cup of oil, heat until you reach 350ª F. Add a tortilla and fry one by one Tortilla. It will take around 2 minutes until golden brown, remove from the heat and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Once chicken is done cooking, remove let it cool down a bit before shredding. With the help of a fork, shred the chicken and set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add the oil and let it heat up then add the Cacique Pork Chorizo cook for 3 minutes. Add the sliced garlic followed by the sliced white onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and the shredded chicken. Cook for 10 minutes then add the Smokey chipotle. Season with salt.
- To serve: Top each Tostada with 4 Tbsp. of chicken tinga. Top with shredded lettuce, Cacique Queso Fresco and finish with Cacique Crema Mexicana.