Flautas with Queso Fresco & Rajas
WHAT YOU NEED
Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
Ranchero® Queso Fresco
- FOR THE FILLING:
- Cacique Ranchero brand Queso Fresco, cut into 4-inch strips, ½ inch in thickness
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 large jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and sliced lengthwise ¼ inch thick
- ½ Yellow Onion, diced
- TO ASSEMBLE:
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced Radish
- Sliced Serrano
- Cacique brand Ranchero Queso Fresco, for garnish
- Cacique Crema Mexicana, for garnish
- Cacique Avocado Tomatillo Salsa, optional for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. You want them to be warm, so they are easier to roll. A cold tortilla will rip.
- Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Place the tip of a wooden spoon into oil to test, once you see bubbles, the oil is ready. Working in batches of 5 to 6, take a tortilla add a strip of the Queso Fresco cheese, a strip or two of jalapeño and sprinkle on some diced onion. Roll tightly, then place in the hot oil seam side down and fry for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Repeat with the remainder of the tortillas.
- Arrange the flautas on a platter, then top with lettuce, crumble on Queso Fresco, radish, and serrano over the flautas and finish with a drizzling of Crema Mexicana and Avocado Tomatillo Salsa (optional).