Huevos con Chorizo – Benedict Style
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 English muffins, halved
- 1 package of Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite Mexican hot sauce
- Squeeze of lime
- 4 tbsp Cacique® Ranchero Queso Fresco
- Pico de Gallo
- Sliced Avocado
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Start by cooking the Pork Chorizo in a pan, and start boiling water in a pot for the poached eggs.
- While the chorizo is cooking make your sauce by mixing the crema with your favorite Mexican hot sauce and a splash of lime.
- When the chorizo is almost ready, toast your English muffins.
- Now that your Pork Chorizo is ready, turn its temperature down to low to keep it warm.
- When your water comes to a boil, turn the heat down to medium so it’s a soft boil.
- Crack your fresh egg into a fine mesh sieve, drain the loose egg whites that slip through the sieve and slowly lower the egg into the boiling water. By following this step your egg will have less whisps.
- If you like to have a good loose yolk pop like we do, cook your egg in the boiling water for one and a half minutes. Poach your egg to the desired doneness and remove with a slotted spoon.
- When your egg is out of the water it’s time to assemble your southwest eggs benedict.
- Start by adding your chorizo to the English muffin and then the poached egg on top. Repeat for all 4 servings.
- Finish off your dish with your homemade Crema Mexicana sauce, pico de gallo, avocado and Ranchero Queso Fresco cheese.