WHAT YOU NEED
- 5 cups water
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- ¼ cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small jalapeño
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 4 corn tortillas
- ½ cup black beans, mashed and warmed
- 4 eggs, fried
- ½ cup ham, cubed
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, defrosted and heated
- ¼ cup Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Boil water in a medium saucepan. Add tomatoes and boil until the skins begin to peel. Remove from heat, drain, let cool, cut in large pieces and place them in a blender container. Add onion, garlic, jalapeño and salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Carefully stir in sauce. Fry for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over low medium heat. Lightly fry tortillas until slightly crispy. Do not char.
- Spread warm beans on each tortilla, place on a serving plate. Top with fried egg, tomato sauce, peas, ham and queso fresco.