Kale and Quinoa Salad
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch kale leaves, very thinly sliced and thick stems removed
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced (or more to taste)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup Cacique Queso Fresco, cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix sweet potato, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender and lightly brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette: Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale with the vinaigrette. You can do this 30 minutes before serving to let the kale to marinate a bit. Add in roasted sweet potatoes, onion, cooked quinoa and almonds; toss to combine. Topped with cubed Cacique Queso Fresco. Serve.