Mango-Avocado Salad with Panela Croutons and Chipotle Crema Mexicana
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- olive oil for the pan
- 1 (12-ounce) package Cacique® Panela cheese, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 heads butter lettuce, washed, dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium-sized mangos, cut into bite-sized cubes (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium-sized avocados, cut into bite-sized cubes (about 2 cups)
- 2 small to medium-sized tomatoes, washed, dried and cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup roasted pepitas
HOW TO MAKE IT
- For the dressing: Add the Cacique® Crema Mexicana, orange juice, chipotles, cumin and salt to a small bowl, and whisk until blended. Set aside.
- For the croutons: Coat the bottom of a large, non-stick pan with olive oil and place it over high heat. Once it's hot, add the Cacique® Panela cubes and brown the top and bottom, about 30 seconds per side. Add them into a bowl, with any remaining oil in the pan, and gently toss them with the garlic. Set aside.
- For the salad: In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce with the mango, avocado, tomato, and onion. Add the Panela croutons and the dressing and gently toss. Sprinkle the pepitas on top and serve.