WHAT YOU NEED
- ½ package (5 oz.) Cacique® Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 4 packages (10 oz.) Cacique® Oaxaca cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 8 oz. ground beef
- 10 oz Cacique® Chorizo, Beef, Pork, or Soy
- ½ red onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup corn or ½ cup of diced green chilies
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 8 flour tortillas, torn into pieces
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Over medium heat, sauté beef and chorizo with onion. Once browned, add corn, chilies or both. Heat enchilada sauce. Dip tortilla pieces in sauce then place on plate.
- To Assemble: In an oven-proof casserole dish, place several pieces of tortillas to cover bottom. Spoon half of meat mixture on layer of tortillas. Dab 1-2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce and top with a combination of both cheeses. Repeat process of tortillas, meat, sauce and cheeses. Top with final tortilla pieces to cover. Spread enchilada sauce and top with cheeses. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with Crema Mexicana and green onion. Serve hot.