Mexican Loaded Mashed Potatoes
WHAT YOU NEED
Crema Mexicana Agria
- 3 pounds russet potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 package Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 12 ounces Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 cup Cacique® Oaxaca or Queso Quesadilla if preferred, shredded
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped on day of consumption
- 1/2 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria, optional for topping on day of consumption
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, chop into small pieces and set aside. Remove bacon grease from skillet and cook the chorizo over medium-high heat. It will be ready in about 6-8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding Crema Mexicana, butter, and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, chorizo and bacon. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove potatoes from refrigerator and let stand while oven heats. Bake, covered, about 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drizzle with Crema Mexicana Agria and chopped green onions.