Mexican Street Corn in a Cup
WHAT YOU NEED
Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
- 2-3 ears grilled corn on the cob, about 2 cups of corn kernels
- 1/2 cup Cacique Crema Mexicana or try with Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
- 2 cups Hot Cheetos, crushed for garnish
- Chili powder
- 1/4 cup Cacique Cotija, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Cacique Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Plastic cups, for serving
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a medium size bowl, add corn kernels, Crema Mexicana, Cotija, Queso Fresco and combine with a wooden spoon.
- To build your elote cups, add 1-2 spoonfuls of corn mixture to the bottoms of your cups. then sprinkle on some chili powder and Tajin. Repeat layers until you nearly fill your cups. Leave some room for toppings.
- Spoon 1-2 spoonfuls of crushed Hot Cheetos over the tops of each cup. Add a sprinkle of freshly chopped cilantro, more cheese crumbles and Tajin if you like. Serve with a lime wedge for each cup. Enjoy!
- Note: You should yield 2 cups of corn for this recipe. You can also use canned or frozen corn for this recipe as well.