Piratas de Arrachera with Calabacita Salsa
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 lb. Arrachera beef (you can use flank or skirt steak, bistec or sirloin beef), finely chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 - 10-ounce Cacique Asadero, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 flour tortillas
- 6-8 green onions
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- For salsa:
- 2 calabacita squashes
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- Juice of one lime
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium. Place beef in skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Once the meat is brown, add the bell peppers and stir into meat. Add the green onions to the side of the skillet. Cover and cook until meat is tender and cooked through.
- In the meantime, you can make the salsa. Add the calabacita squash, cilantro, lime juice, crema and salt to a blender or food processer. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Once the meat is cooked, heat another skillet or comal. Heat your tortillas on each side and add cheese to one side. Then add a scoop of meat and fold tortilla. Serve with salsa and green onions on the side.