Ranchero® Burgers Stuffed with Quesadilla Cheese
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 pounds lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 6 ounces Cacique® Beef Chorizo
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 9 ounces Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 soft brioche hamburger buns, cut in half
- Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Red onion rings
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
- In large bowl, mix beef, chorizo, salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 6 equal-size balls. Press 4 to 6 cubes of cheese into the center of each ball and cover completely with meat. Form the balls into hamburger patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place patties on grill and cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. During last 2 minutes place buns on grill to toast. Remove burgers and buns from grill; cover to keep warm.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and avocado slices as desired on a toasted bun.