San Luis Potosí Enchiladas
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 (7 oz.) package Cacique® Dos Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1 package Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 1 (7 oz.) package Cacique® Queso Cotija Grated Cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350F°.
- Mix the Dos Quesos Blend with the onions, salt and the pepper then set aside.
- Heat oil until hot (2 tablespoons at a time). When hot, place each tortilla for approximately 10 seconds in 2 tablespoons of oil. Drain on paper towel.
- Dip each tortilla in the enchilada sauce, fill with cheese mixture, roll and place seam down, side by side into a 2" deep, greased casserole dish.
- Blanch potatoes and carrots in salted boiling water until tender. Cook chorizo for 10 minutes, drain, then sauté with the potatoes and carrots. Top enchiladas with this mixture, and remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with Cotija . Bake for approximately 20 minutes.