Summer Berries With Lemon Crema
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries)
- 4 mint sprigs, to garnish
- Crème filled wafers, optional for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place Cacique® Crema Mexicana in a medium-size non-reactive bowl. Add sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and whisk well to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until very cold, 1 hour or longer. (Lemon Crema can be prepared two days ahead; keep covered and refrigerated.).
- Rinse berries and gently pat dry. If using strawberries, rinse first then hull and halve or quarter, if large, lengthwise. Place berries in a large bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Divide berries among four stemless wide-mouthed wine glasses, small mason jars or dessert bowls. Drizzle each serving with about 1/4 cup of Lemon Crema.