Baked Mexican Mozzarella Sticks
WHAT YOU NEED
- 6 ounces Cacique® Low-Moisture, Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat ove to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray
- Combine Panko bread crumbs with spices in a shallow bowl.
- Place flour in a separate shallow bowl.
- Beat egg slightly in a third bowl.
- Cut out 12 slices of cheese, approximately equal in length and width. Roll cheese in flour, then beaten egg, then bread crumbs. Place on greased baking sheet and cook for 4-5 minutes or until mozzarella sticks are lightly browned. Serve with salsa of choice.
- Tip: Freeze cheese prior to use in this recipe to prevent the cheese from oozing out during the cooking process.