Chorizo Mexican Pizza
WHAT YOU NEED
Crema Mexicana Agria
Queso Quesadilla Shredded Cheese
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 Package Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 3/4 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Shredded Cheese
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Optional: Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria, for drizzling
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Fry tortillas for a few minutes in ¼ cup vegetable oil over medium heat. For a lighter alternative, you can bake them for about 5 minutes in the oven prior to building the pizzas.
- Heat Cacique® Fully Cooked Premium Pork Chorizo to package instructions.
- Spread the refried beans on 4 tortillas, then top each evenly with chorizo and lay another tortilla on top.
- Combine the enchilada sauce with sugar and onion powder then spread on the tops of each of the 4 tortillas. Top each evenly with diced tomatoes and then with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Cut each Mexican pizza into 4 slices and serve warm. If desired top with a drizzle of Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria