Mexican Tortellini Salad with Crema Dressing
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 (12oz.) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) sweet corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded, finely diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (10oz.) Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup avocado, cubed (optional)
- Crema Dressing
- ½ cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Black pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Prepare the crema dressing: whisk together crema, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt and pepper, until smooth.
- Cook the tortellini according to package instructions, drain and let them cool. Place the tortellini, black beans, corn, onion, serrano pepper, tomatoes, and Queso Fresco in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over tortellini mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and chill at least 20 minutes. Sprinkle fresh cilantro. Serve. Garnish with avocado if desired.
- Cook’s Note: You can replace serrano pepper for jalapeño pepper, or you can just omit them if you don't want any heat.