Pork & Rice Street Cart Style Tacos
WHAT YOU NEED
- Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- Cacique® Cotija Cheese
- Cacique® Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cups of long grain white rice
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Flour tortillas
- Tortilla chips (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Make the rice: Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil to a sauce pan and heat it. Add turmeric, cumin and rice and toast together for a minute, stirring. Add the broth and salt. ring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to its lowest setting. Cover with a lid and let cook for about 15 minutes, until all of the broth has absorbed. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- While the rice is cooking, cook your pork chorizo according to the package directions.
- Chop your onion, tomato, cilantro, and lettuce. Mix all of these ingredients together to create a salad.
- To finish and serve. Place your rice on the bottom of your flour tortilla topped with approx ¼ cup of chorizo and your salad mix. Drizzle Cacique® Cilantro Lime Sour Cream on top. Serve with tortilla chips, optional.