Queso Fresco Avocado Wontons with Cilantro Lime Crema
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package of Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 40 won ton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups grape seed oil
- 1 (15 ounce) container Cacique® Ranchero® Crema con Sal
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 small serrano chile, chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a medium bowl combine avocado, onions and queso fresco. Mix with hands until call ingredients have mixed well together.
- Place 1 teaspoon of avocado mixture in the middle of a wonton wrapper. Lightly brush the wrapper edges with egg. Fold into a triangle by folding won ton wrapper in half, pressing edges together to seal securely.
- In a medium stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Carefully place won ton triangles into hot oil in small batches; about 7 seconds on each side. Remove from oil and place on a paper-towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil.
- In a blender container, combine crema, cilantro, lime juice and Serrano chile. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a dip bowl.
- Serve wontons with cilantro lime crema and enjoy. Keep leftover crema refrigerated in a tightly sealed container.