Chorizo Refried Beans
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ package Cacique® Pork, Beef or Soy Chorizo
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 Anaheim chile, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Cacique® Crema Mexicana
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Put the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the Chorizo, onion, chile and garlic, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the onion is softened. Stir in the tomato, cumin and cinnamon, and cook for 2 more minutes, to soften slightly.
- Add the beans and water then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 6 to 8 minutes, mashing the beans to a puree with a potato masher or the back of a large wooden spoon.
- Take off heat, stir in the Crema Mexicana and serve hot.